• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

Re: Band Gripes

#227498 1 year, 9 months ago
My gripe is when they say east coast the really mean northeast coast tour....other than that they are all good with me
GOOD LOVE
Iriecycle
Expert Boarder
AND LEAVE IT ON!!!!

#227515 1 year, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
bluetrainsugaree wrote:
I would like a full Viola without the sandwich!

you weren't here for the NYE run?

Yeah, we enjoyed a good stream. I've been happy with the set-lists and musicianship. I like the playful Viola Lee spread in and out of several tunes, though straight ahead good too. I appreciate Bobby and Phil's seeming to inspire JK to be more involved w/ steering the ship. Loving Furthur . . . appreciated Bobby's guitar work on the NYear's run . . . Russo/ JC and JK doing good work. Let JK sing more . . . Stronger more danceable encores, try finishing the shows w/ the slower finale tunes then crushing encores for dancing fanatics. Oh yeah, really appreciate the dancing signers for the deaf contingency. Longer shows, stronger first sets, more fluid jams w/ funky song teases . . . more playful. Less traditional, more Funk, and Reggae . . .
I Am You, As You Are Me, As We Are One, and We Are All Together.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#227520 1 year, 9 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
No one is claiming that people should be buying tickets to a "light show" or that the lights at a Dead show "enhance" the music in anyway. Nor have I ever bought a ticket to a music performance on expectation of seeing "a good light show." Though there have been many performances across many forms of music were it was used particularly well. Alternative forms of artistic media can sometimes be used in tasteful, creative and elegant ways. Some people just happen to be a more visual person when it comes to the way their brain works. I always try to leave myself open to new experiences and ways of expression. It can be a vulnerable place for many people to do this as often people do not like things that are off from their approved, predictable and subjective personal center. People are often repugnant when new experiences are presented to them. Comparing visual artists who work in the medium of light both in museum settings and at concert halls to Pink Floyd lazer shows is short sighted and insulting to them It is very obvious that "those" types of people are not welcome at a dead show. Who would think the dead scene could become so exclusive ?

If all my life is going to be is what happens to me, then I choose to have my experiences be unpredictable and dynamic in order to encounter the widest range of sensations and inspirations that will lead to a more complete picture of the universe in which we live. Looking for joy and beauty in ALL experiences is a way to be happy forever. Not that anyone believes that nowadays anyway.

Button up your shirt you are so tolerant, your heart is falling out!!!!
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#227527 1 year, 9 months ago
a snack & a nice cup of Freshie would be good during the set break
freshie.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bakes
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#227529 1 year, 9 months ago
^^^^oh yeah, and everyone gives everyone a Nappy before second set starts
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#227607 1 year, 9 months ago
Band Gripes -

"There's too many peanuts in that jar of mixed nuts back in the green room!"

Geez do we really need a thread like this? I'm thankful they're still playing and hitting the road.
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by DigiGal. Reason: Italics
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#227610 1 year, 9 months ago
It's pretty sad, if you type in the words "Band Gripes" on Google this thread is the first thing that comes up There is no band like Furthur, the last 3 shows in a row I went to last summer were all amazing and I can't wait to see them again, no gripes here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, SugarMee
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#227612 1 year, 9 months ago
Gripes, sheeeeesh mofos. Go get your diapers changed. I'm just gratefuld they are still truckin and I'm on board.
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#227634 1 year, 9 months ago
killwhyT wrote:
Gripes, sheeeeesh mofos. Go get your diapers changed. I'm just gratefuld they are still truckin and I'm on board.
Nothing is perfect, and if asked, and then when participating, it doesn't indicate any feeling different than your statement. And then there is this thing balance. The discerning, critical fan/artist/whoever is the one I'm interested in most. If we looked at 1000 posts on this board, maybe fifty originate from a discerning perspective. I call that LaLa Land. It serves nothing well. It isn't healthy, and it surely doesn't indicate a better fanbase. It tells me I'm surrounded by a mass of people who run from confrontation, and there is indeed a healthy form of confrontation. Philosophy is about confronting questions. Listening to such complex music like this is about confronting the abstract. Confrontation ≠ war. Confrontation = nature. I have zero interest in unnatural imbalance. It doesn't make a prettier picture. It doesn't paint me some type of twisted utopia. It doesn't provide me with sanctuary. It's sad and lesser than its potential. That's what running from discernment and critical thinking says to me.

I want to be around people who recognize mistakes and imperfections. They can love those mistakes, but when they are open to acknowledging them and talking about them, I'm there. Real life. Not convoluted airbrushed minds.

So your post is like the person who answers "what is your favorite song?" with "I love them all. I cannot pick a favorite." They think they're pointing to the absurd, but in reality, they're the absurd.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Still Takin it Weirder
Platinum Boarder

#227639 1 year, 9 months ago
Bravo Zeno. I'm with ya. I'm also with the I am just fin grateful they are still on the road crowd! It is not a mutually exclusive position.That said, to me, again, IMHO...its no different than a discerning art critic. Yes (pick a painter) say Picasso was a great artist. Does it mean every one of pieces of works is a masterpiece? No.... it means you can tell the difference between his best work and his lesser work. People spend years studying art to be able to tell this sort of thing... and of course not all are always in agreement.... "beauty is in th eye of the beholder"...but I'm sure if you asked a well versed & learned Picasso Buff to name his/her- best/favorite Picasso pieces he/she could rattle em off.... and a second "buff" would probably rattle off at least 15 or 16 of the same ones. Well I speak for myself and some others hear I am sure..... we have spent years and years not only listening to this music but" experiencing" it live. To go back to my point does it mean "my" opinion is right? No...it is still an opinon but dare I say one that comes with some "study" off the subject. Okay back to the example, say 16 yr old
art student may love a paerticular piece of work of Picasso and think its the best ever. & there point is 100% valid..it is their opinion.. while others whom have spent years in academys would scoff at that same work. Finally saying everything is 100% great is a very dangerous way of thinking about any subject.
Last Edit: 1 year, 9 months ago by Still Takin it Weirder.
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds