• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MissinJerry
Fresh Boarder

Band Gripes

#226951 1 year, 8 months ago
I just dont get it, who runs the show anyways...

JeffC, often his back is to the audience... whats up with that? Rearrange you dang keyboards so that you are either facing THE PEOPLE that are paying your bills (the audience) or at least the band... but for the paying customers to see your back is just wrong!

JeffP, keep yer dang hands out of your pockets! when does someone put their hands in their pockets? WHEN THEY ARE BORED... You bored when you are up there on the stage?

Phil/Bob, whats up with your lighting person?
There is no feeling to the lights, seems like he/she either doesnt know the music, doesnt care, or just has no groove or really isnt a lighting person...
Remember the old days? The lights were a big part of the show, they were made for the music...
NEVER did one say, "its just a dude hitting the chase button every now and then"
I would NEVER tell someone to go see a Phish show and be subjected to their nursery rhymes.
BUT if they were to go, they would be blown away!
Best dang sounding nursery rhymes your ears will ever hear.. and an AMAZING light show to boot... WOW!
It wouldn't cost the Bob/Phil ANY more to have a real lighting person that did the lights, like a musician playing their instrument.
FURTHUR DESERVES A BETTER LIGHT SHOW!
i_be_sublime
Expert Boarder
R.I.P.JERRY

Re: Band Gripes

#227113 1 year, 8 months ago
Although i agree furthur needs a better light show,even deserves one.However jeff is a frigging beast and know matter how you set up 2 pianos/organs whatever,his back is going to be towards somebody.When you can hop from stool to stool and not miss a beat then maybe you can tell him how to set his equipment up.jmho.Just because we buy tickets does nt mean we have a right to say anything in jmho again.Did they ask you to buy thier tickets?Do you realize how many people they support and give jobs to,let alone thier charity works?Just sayin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: killwhyT
Wheelman
Gold Boarder

#227115 1 year, 8 months ago
they need makeup too!!!

like KISS..

(“I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.” )
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#227117 1 year, 8 months ago
Last I knew Candace Brightman now works for Widespread Panic. Not sure what happened to Dan English, last time I saw him he was doing lighting for Phil/Friends back around 2006. Either of them sure know the music.

I would like to commend whoever was doing their lighting in late 2010. The shows at MSG in particular had a lot of extra lights all around the arena to enhance what was being done on stage.
NobleGlassArt
Gold Boarder

#227119 1 year, 8 months ago
Sounds like you need better L.
Twenty-seven years of nothing but failures and promises that I couldn't keep
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#227121 1 year, 8 months ago
NobleGlassArt wrote:
Sounds like you need better L.

By jove I do believe you've got it!
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#227123 1 year, 8 months ago
9_4_12_furthur_kabik-295.jpg

MissinJerry wrote:
I just dont get it, who runs the show anyways...

JeffC, often his back is to the audience... whats up with that? Rearrange you dang keyboards so that you are either facing THE PEOPLE that are paying your bills (the audience) or at least the band... but for the paying customers to see your back is just wrong!

JeffP, keep yer dang hands out of your pockets! when does someone put their hands in their pockets? WHEN THEY ARE BORED... You bored when you are up there on the stage?

Phil/Bob, whats up with your lighting person?
There is no feeling to the lights, seems like he/she either doesnt know the music, doesnt care, or just has no groove or really isnt a lighting person...
Remember the old days? The lights were a big part of the show, they were made for the music...
NEVER did one say, "its just a dude hitting the chase button every now and then"
I would NEVER tell someone to go see a Phish show and be subjected to their nursery rhymes.
BUT if they were to go, they would be blown away!
Best dang sounding nursery rhymes your ears will ever hear.. and an AMAZING light show to boot... WOW!
It wouldn't cost the Bob/Phil ANY more to have a real lighting person that did the lights, like a musician playing their instrument.
FURTHUR DESERVES A BETTER LIGHT SHOW!

I don't think Jeff C is being disrespectful of the audience. There must be a method to his madness. Look at this photo, he has a large keyboard rig. Due to it's size the grand piano must be facing the way it does, and we're glad he likes to use it so much.

Re: Jeff P, he has a lot of spare time up there. He's entitled to put his hands in his pockets if he wishes. I remember someone complained he was playing air guitar. Frankly I don't care if he wants to juggle, or him and Sunshine kick a little hacky sack during some of the jams.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by AcidTestGraduate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#227128 1 year, 8 months ago
Candace set the stage for many a beautiful night

candace5.jpg

candace1.png

candace4.png

candace3.png
-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by kevin.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#227131 1 year, 8 months ago
^^^^^ I would agree with you there, except towards the end she got a bit carried away on some of those stadium shows, just mho. I read once where she admitted 'stealing from others' (i.e Pink Floyd and the Stones, specifically on the Steel Wheels tour), which is fine as everyone does that, but the GD didn't need such a spectacle.

I loved her set (the 2nd picture) from the '89 tour.
kevin
Platinum Boarder

#227132 1 year, 8 months ago
She was a big part of the experience for many years as was Dan Healy (we considered Healy a quasi-band member for years).

Cheers to Dan and Candace!!!

No gripes about Furthur here
-- smell every flower --
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by kevin.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds